Cannondale Prophet
After many hours online with reviews, Ebay, Quoka, and Kalaydo, I have finally purchased a mountain bike. The streets in Magdeburg have more cobblestones, light rail tracks, abrupt lips, and are generally more hazardous for the small wheels and tires of a road bike. This practical concern, simply missing mountain biking, and the mountain biking club/class at the University inspired the decision and so far I’m glad. It is a Cannondale Prophet with about 135mm travel front and rear, big brakes, strong wheels, and lots of red. The suspension, specifically the rear, allows for a very stable, planted feel that makes climbing easier and cornering more stable than a hardtail. I look forward to many kilometers of Freude am Fahren (BMW’s current slogan here “pleasure in driving”). I picked it up in Berlin.
Berlin, by the way, looks a lot different from when I was there last, about 4.5 years ago. I think several new buildings have gone up, the Jewish memorial is completed and open, and it seemed like there were a lot more people there. I rode around to the Reichstag, Potsdamer Platz, and the area for a bit before I took the train back to Magdeburg.
No comments:
Post a Comment