12.Sep.2008
“Cheese” is the favorite smile-inducing word used by photographers in America. We were taking some pictures in class today so I asked about other countries. In China, they say something that sounds like “Tscheeeee” which means eggplant. They say “Spaghetti” in Germany. Judging by some of the photos I’ve seen, it looks like some Germans may have been caught in the “Spa” part of the word. I asked the Egyptian and he said, laughing, they say “Stop smiling!” He said they smile only enough to not appear angry. He was smiling big and laughing the whole time, however.
-H
1 comment:
Hello brother of mine. One of my friends says, "That is odd. Tell him I said that is odd." So, here I am, telling you that he says it's odd. I personally think it's awesome that the germans value spaghetti enough to make them smile when needed.
And as a sidenote, my friend also says that cheese makes you fat. He lies though. Cheese is wonderful.
~R
Post a Comment